2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup light cream, ricotta or plain Greek yogurt (non-fat is okay)
2-3 small firm zucchini, ends trimmed and julienned*
1 teaspoon fine kosher salt
½ cup freshly shredded basil leaves
1. Combine the first three ingredients in a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well and set aside.
2. Place the julienned zucchini in a colander over the sink or a mixing bowl. Toss with the kosher salt.
3. Place a paper towel over the zucchini. Place a plate or wide bowl on top of the paper towel and weight the plate or bowl with your pie weights or a pound of dried beans or rice. Let the weighted zucchini stand for 20 to 30 minutes, until the majority of moisture has been pressed from the vegetable strips.
4. Pat the zucchini with a dry paper towel. Transfer the zucchini to a serving bowl. Pour the lemon basil sauce over the zucchini, toss and serve.
* - A kitchen mandolin is worth ten times its weight in vegetables for this purpose alone.