Preparation1. Combine all the ingredients (except garnish) in a blender and process until smooth
2. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
3. Chill for at least 2 hours.
4. Serve with your choice of garnish.
This easy refrigerator quick pickled green beans recipe uses a white wine vinegar brine and dill for a quick pickled vegetable snack in only 4 hours.
2 large cucumbers
½ cup shopped green onion
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried dill weed (or fresh equivalent)
1 16 oz container plain Greek yogurt
1. Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
2. Place cucumbers and remaining ingredients in blend or food processor. Blend on high speed until well blended.
3. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until well chilled.
4. Serve. Garnish with fresh dill weed or radish slices if desired.
ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS
1 red onion
1 ½ Tablespoons dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon capers
1/3 cup olive oil
1 lb. Carrots
2 celery stalks
¼ cup chopped dill
4 medium to large cucumbers, coarsely chopped
1 cup plain yogurt
1 clove garlic, pressed
1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 scallion, diced
1 tablespoon fresh dill, shredded, plus 4 fronds for garnish
1 tablespoon good green olive oil
Salt and white pepper to taste
Optional: 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup croutons
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.