ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS
Roasted at high heat with the bold flavor of chili powder, the result is a little outrageous - fiery flavor with a unique crispy texture!
- 4 cups kale, washed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place the kale into a large mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss until evenly coated, then sprinkle with the chili powder and kosher salt, and toss again. Spread the seasoned kale onto a baking sheet.
3. Roast in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, then stir the kale, and continue roasting until the edges become brown and a little crispy, 5 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.