Recipe by Anna Gill
1 tablespoon light olive oil
2 tablespoons minced shallots
3 tablespoons pine nuts
3 tablespoons diced dried apricots
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch of cloves
Pinch of nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
½ cup red currants
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan.
2. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the pine nuts and sauté until the pine nuts are golden, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the apricots, all the spices and the salt. Mix well.
5. Add the quinoa and stir until the grains are coated.
6. Stir in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook until the liquid is absorbed, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Stir in the currants. Place mixture in a serving bowl and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.