1 tablespoon light olive oil
2 tablespoons minced shallots
3 tablespoons pine nuts
3 tablespoons diced dried apricots
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch of cloves
Pinch of nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
½ cup red currants
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan.
2. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the pine nuts and sauté until the pine nuts are golden, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the apricots, all the spices and the salt. Mix well.
5. Add the quinoa and stir until the grains are coated.
6. Stir in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook until the liquid is absorbed, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Stir in the currants. Place mixture in a serving bowl and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve.