1 cup blueberries, washed and picked over, plus 2 tablespoons
1 cup plain Greek yogurt, plus 1 tablespoon
¼ cup lite coconut milk
1½ teaspoons honey
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sugar
NOTE: Regular milk can be substituted for the coconut milk.
-Adapted from Missy Robbins, Food & Wine
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
⅔ cup farro
1⅔ - ¾ cup boiling water
½ cup frozen mixed berries, defrosted
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons crushed or slightly chopped pistachios
Recipe by Anna Gill
Yield 1 – 10 inch pie
1 double recipe All-Butter Pie Crust – not pre-baked
2½ cups rinsed and picked over blackberries, pat with paper towel gently to dry
2½ cups rinsed and picked over blueberries, pat with paper towels gently to dry
⅔ to ¾ cup sugar for filling, plus 1 teaspoon for crust top
3½ tablespoons instant tapioca
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 scant tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 scant teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons sweet butter
1 to 2 tablespoon milk
1. Preheat oven to 450º.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup mix the tapioca, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. In a large bowl, place the blackberries and blueberries sprinkle with the sugar, spices
4. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the berries and gently toss.
5. Sprinkle the berry mixture with the lemon zest and juice and toss gently again.
6. Roll out the bottom crust and place it in a 10 inch pie dish.
7. Pour the berries into the prepared pie crust, mounding them highest in the middle.
8. Dot the top of the berries with the butter.
9. Roll out the second crust and place it on top of the berries. Fold the edges up and over and seal them with a fork.
10. Brush the top with the milk and sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of sugar.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.