1 tablespoon unsalted butter
⅔ cup farro
1⅔ - ¾ cup boiling water
½ cup frozen mixed berries, defrosted
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons crushed or slightly chopped pistachios
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
- Add the farro, tossing lightly to coat the grains, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add just enough of the hot water to almost cover the grains and continue to cook while stirring. As the water is absorbed, continue to add boiling water, ½ cup at a time, while stirring.
- Continue cooking until the water is almost, but not completely, absorbed. The grains should still move freely amongst themselves.
- Cover the pan and allow the farro to simmer over low heat until it is al dente. About 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 2 cup measuring cup, place the fruit and the honey, mix gently. Microwave for 30 seconds, mix again and microwave again for an additional 20 to 30 seconds. You want the fruit to begin to meld with the honey and itself.
- In a small prep bowl, mix the yogurt and the cinnamon.
- When the farro is ready, add the yogurt and spice to the farro and mix.
- Divide the farro into two serving bowls, spoon the fruit over the top and sprinkle with the pistachios. Serve while warm.