Serves 6 as a side dish
3 to 4 medium zucchini
½ tablespoon butter
10 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
¼ cup shredded mint leaves (if cut with kitchen shears, color and texture is retained)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut zucchini vertically into ¼ inch slices. If you have a mandolin, it is a perfect way to cut the zucchini evenly. If not a sharp chef’s knife will work.
3. Butter the bottom of a glass loaf pan.
4. Place a slightly overlapping layer of zucchini slices in the buttered pan.
5. Sprinkle with grated Fontina.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until pan is about a ½ inch from the top.
7. Sprinkle ½ the mint on top.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
9. Top with the remaining mint and serve in glass loaf pan.