Zucchini and Squash Lasagna
Recipe by Anna Gill
Serves 2-3 as a main course or 4 to 6 as a side dish
2 large zucchini
1 large yellow summer squash
1 cup sugar snap peas diced on a diagonal
10 - 12 large basil leaves
10 - 12 stems of Italian parsley
½ cup whole milk ricotta
1½ cups shredded mozzarella
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the oven to 350º.
2. Wash and slice all three squashes lengthwise in ¼ inch slices. Place the slices, one up, on a few paper towels. Sprinkle the slices with a little salt and let sit for about 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Place one layer of slices in a 9” X 9” square baking dish. There is no need to grease the bottom of the dish.
4. Shred the herb leaves together.
5. Sprinkle the first layer with mozzarella. Dot the first layer with ½ teaspoons of ricotta. Distribute a handful of the sugar snap pieces across the first layer and dust with a little bit of the shredded herbs.
6. Repeat steps until you have at least four layers.
7. Sprinkle the top layer with a goodly amount of shredded Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. The Parmesan cheese should have bubbled and begun to turn a golden brown.
9. If there is an excess of moisture in the bottom of the pan, use a baster to remove as much as possible.
10. Place the pan under the broiler for a minute or two to complete the browning.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.