Recipe by Anna Gill
Serves 2 or 3 as lunch
2 pieces Naan flatbread (or the variety of your choice)
2 small yellow squashes, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
1 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
¼ cup shredded cilantro leaves
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350o
2. Place squash rounds on a roasting rack and season with salt & pepper.
3. Roast for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Turn off the oven and turn on the broiler. Place the roasting rack under the broiler for a minute or two, just long enough to lightly brown the top of the squash. Remove squash from the oven and set aside.
5. Return the oven to baking mode and set at 350o.
6. Place the 2 Naans on a non-stick baking sheet. Spinkle ¼ of the cheese on each one.
7. Arrange the tomato slices on top of the cheese on each Naan.
8. Arrange the squash rounds on top of the whole and sprinkle each Naan with ¼ of the cilantro.
9. Sprinkle the entire arrangement with the remaining cheese and finally the remaining cilantro.
10. Place the baking sheet in the oven for approximately 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Serve hot or at room temperature.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.