4 globe artichokes, destemmed, trimmed, washed and drained
2 small cloves garlic, smashed
2 cups dry white wine plus 3 tablespoons
4 tablespoons panko crumbs
6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, softened in the microwave
1 tablespoon parsley, shredded
4 tablespoons butter
Salt & pepper
- Place a large pot, preferably one with an interior colander, on the stovetop. Pour 2 cups of wine into it.
- Add the garlic, under the colander if you have it.
- Place the 4 artichokes snuggly together bottoms down.
- Turn the heat to medium and bring to a low simmer. Cook for approximately 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the artichokes.
- Occasionally check the liquid volume, adding a bit of water if necessary.
- When the heart can be easily pierced with a skewer or long fork tine, remove them to a baking dish, still snuggly fitted and bottoms down.
- Pre heat oven to 250º.
- In a small bowl, mix the panko, feta, parsley and 1 to 2 tablespoons of the reserved wine.
- Divide the panko mixture into 4 parts. With a tablespoon, fill the leaves of each artichoke with the mixture.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for no more than 15 minutes. You only want the cheese to melt.
- Melt the remaining butter in small ramekins or dipping cups. Add the remaining wine, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the artichokes with the sauce.