Recipe by Alicia Ghio of "Natural Princess"
1 yellow squash
1/4 cup fresh mint
2 tablespoons lemon infused olive oil
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper (to taste)
crumbled goat cheese (optional)
1. Using a mandoline, slice the squash and zucchini paper thin.
2. Arrange the slices on a platter. Overlap the slices and alternate between the squash and zucchini.
3. Thinly sliced the scallions on an angle and scatter over the squash and zucchini slices.
4. Cut the fresh mint leaves into thin ribbons (chiffonade). Scatter the strips over the platter.
5. Season with salt and pepper (to taste).
6. Whisk together lemon olive oil, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper.
7. Pour over the platter.
8. For a finishing touch, crumble some goat cheese and scatter over the platter.
Serve it up.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.