Tricolor Macaroni Salad
Recipe by Anna Gill
Serves: 8 to 10
1 lb. Tricolor Rotini
1¼ cup low fat mayonnaise
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 cup celery, diced
½ cup red & green bell pepper, diced
½ cup shallots, finely minced
4 strips turkey bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
1. Cook the rotini according to the package directions, drain and set aside to cool a bit.
2. In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise and the vinegar together, blending them well.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
4. Finally add the cooked macaroni and gently fold it into the mayonnaise mixture until all the macaroni is coated with mixture.
5. Let the salad sit for at least a few hours before serving for the flavors to meld.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.