1 lb. fresh snow peas
8 oz. whipped cream cheese
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ cup frozen green peas (keep in a bowl in the freezer until needed)
- Line a cookie sheet with plastic wrap.
- Rinse the snow peas with cold water and drain on a paper towel.
- Pull off the “string” of each pod on the inside of its curve with a paring knife.
- Make a slit in the pod where the string was, slightly opening the pod.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and the pepper well.
- If you have a pastry decorating bag, great. If not, use a small plastic bag and, once filled, cut a small hole in one corner.
- Fill the bag with the cream cheese mixture. Squeeze a little of the mixture into each slit pod and place it on the cookie sheet.
- When you have as many as you want, remove your peas from the freezer.
- Place 3 or 4 peas into the mouth of the pods, sticking them into the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover the cookie sheet with plastic and place into the refrigerator until ready to serve. They can stay fresh for up to 4 days.