8 to 10 bunched stalks of tatsoi, removed from center bunching stalk
1 to 2 tablespoons good green olive oil
1 medium size clove of garlic, pressed or minced
1 – 1½ teaspoons finely minced ginger
Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in deep sauté pan or wok.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan and cook gently until almost translucent.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tatsoi and cover over medium flame.
- As the tatsoi begins to sweat, toss the stalks and leaves to distribute the greens in the pan. Repeat until the ginger and garlic are worked into the tatsoi and the leaves begin to wilt.
- Remove from heat while the greens are still a bright green.
- Serve immediately.