Recipe by Kay Carroll
• 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
• 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
• ½ cup maple syrup
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup chopped glazed pecans, optional
1. Place sweet potatoes in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
2. Combine the applesauce, maple syrup, butter and cinnamon; pour over sweet potatoes.
3. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
4. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Serve with a slotted spoon.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.