1 -15 oz. can of cannellini beans, well rinsed and drained
4-6 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
4 cups spinach leaves, washed and dried
½ cup parsley, shredded
1 small clove garlic, pressed or minced
¼ cup green olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon pignoli nuts
Sliced Italian bread
- In a dry, non-stick pan, toast the pignoli nuts for 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the beans, spinach, cheese, parsley, garlic salt and pepper in a blender or food processer. Mix or pulse until well blended.
- Add half the oil and all of the lemon juice and mix or pulse again.
- Adjust the seasoning and add additional oil if needed.
- Toast the bread until golden brown.
- Spoon the spinach mixture on each piece of toast and top with the toasted pignoli nuts.
Mashed avocado and bacon bits together, spread on toast and top with cherry tomatoes.
Spread a basil pesto on toast and top with a thick slice of ripe tomato and a tiny basil leaf.
Blend cooked asparagus, ricotta and a drop of lemon juice and spread on toast.