1 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
¾ cup orange juice
½ cup (packed) golden brown sugar
¼ cup dry red wine
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
2 teaspoons Szechuan peppercorns
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
1 ½ pounds, 1-inch cubes of leg of lamb
- Combine all ingredients except lamb in a large re-sealable plastic bag and mix well.
- Add the lamb cubes to the bag and seal. Allow the lamb to marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Turn the bag and contents over once in a while.
- Soak 10 to 12 bamboo skewers in water for about an hour.
- Drain the marinade into a small saucepan.
- Thread the lamb pieces onto the skewers and place them on a platter.
- Bring the marinade to a boil and reduce to a simmer for about five minutes. Strain the solids off and keep the liquid warm.
- Prepare barbecue to a medium-high heat.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Grill approximately 8 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Spoon the warm marinade over the lamb and serve.