Recipe by Anna Gill
1 cup sugar
3 whole cloves
2 -2 inch piece cinnamon stick
5 cardamom pods
1 quart sweet cherries, stemmed and pitted
½ cup Cognac or other aged brandy.
1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and spices with a cup of water.
2. Bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves.
3. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and add cherries and brandy to pot.
5. Let cool, then store mixture in a jar in refrigerator for at least 2 days before eating, and up to several months.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.