¼ cup egg white
1 tbs. cornstarch
1 tbs. white wine
1 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
1 tbs. diced tomato
1 tbs. low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. sugar
¼ cup lite vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 large garlic cloves, pressed or minced
2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
24 to 30 snow peas, strings removed
2 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbs. water
1. In a medium bowl, combine the egg white, white wine and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Let sit for about 30 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine tomato, soy sauce and sugar. Set aside.
3. In a wok or a large heavy skillet heat the oil. Add the onions, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry until the onion and the garlic begin to brown, approximately 3 minutes.
4. Stir the shrimp into the egg white mixture. Then add the shrimp and egg white mixture to the stir-fry and cook until the shrimp are just opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the dissolved cornstarch and stir until the sauce thickens.
5. Add the snow peas and toss briefly while in the wok or pan. Place all in a serving bowl and serve while hot.