2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup diced ramp bulbs and stems
2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms
1 cup dry white wine
1 can “lite” coconut milk
1 lime – zest separate from juice
24 extra-large shrimp, shelled with tails intact
½ cup shredded cilantro leaves
1 cup shredded ramp leaves
- Heat oil in large deep sauté pan. Bring heat to medium high.
- Add diced bulbs and stems, sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms. Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and allow to reduce by half.
- Add the coconut milk, stir well and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the zest. Mix well.
- Add the shrimp and raise heat to high. Mix gently but well. Cook for about 3 minutes. The shrimp should still be pink when done.
- Add cilantro and ramp leaves, mix well. Remove pan from heat.
- Serve over rice immediately. Black Chinese rice is a perfect foil for this dish.