Recipe by Anna Gill
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 slices thick bacon, cut crosswise ¼ inch thick
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
2 small jalapeno chilies
24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Salt and freshly ground pepper
¼ cup dry white wine
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped mint
1. Sauté bacon in a large skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat has been rendered.
2. Spoon off all but 2 tablespoon of the fat from the skillet. Stir in the garlic and whole chilies and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the wine and cook about 1 more minute.
4. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until they are pink and curled, about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the mint. Transfer to plates and serve.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.