Recipe by Anna Gill
24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons lite extra virgin olive oil
½ cup chopped chervil, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
1 small lemon, juiced
½ pound sugar snap peas, strings removed cut diagonally into bite-size pieces
6 medium radishes, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 small stalks fennel, trimmed and sliced into bite-sized pieces
Crisp lettuce, enough for 4 servings
1. Prepare ice bath for shrimp
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a roiling boil. Place shrimp in the water for about 2 minutes until they turn pink and white. Remove from the cooking pot and place immediately into the ice bath. Let the shrimp sit for a minute then drain. Set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl, place mayonnaise, olive oil, ½ cup of chopped chervil, lemon juice and fresh pepper. Whisk together well. Set aside.
4. Place the shrimp, sugar snap peas, radishes and fennel into a bowl. Drizzle with the prepared mayonnaise mixture. Toss together well.
5. Prepare four serving dishes with lettuce leaves.
6. Spoon the shrimp and vegetable mixture over the lettuce and serve.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.