24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons lite extra virgin olive oil
½ cup chopped chervil, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
1 small lemon, juiced
½ pound sugar snap peas, strings removed cut diagonally into bite-size pieces
6 medium radishes, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 small stalks fennel, trimmed and sliced into bite-sized pieces
Crisp lettuce, enough for 4 servings
1. Prepare ice bath for shrimp
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a roiling boil. Place shrimp in the water for about 2 minutes until they turn pink and white. Remove from the cooking pot and place immediately into the ice bath. Let the shrimp sit for a minute then drain. Set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl, place mayonnaise, olive oil, ½ cup of chopped chervil, lemon juice and fresh pepper. Whisk together well. Set aside.
4. Place the shrimp, sugar snap peas, radishes and fennel into a bowl. Drizzle with the prepared mayonnaise mixture. Toss together well.
5. Prepare four serving dishes with lettuce leaves.
6. Spoon the shrimp and vegetable mixture over the lettuce and serve.