Recipe by Anna Gill
Serves: 3 to 4
1 tablespoon light vegetable oil
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons minced ginger
½ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
6 to 8 ramps, greens separated and shredded, stem and bulb minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Cooked rice, for serving
1. Heat a large skillet or wok over high until hot.
2. Add oil and swirl to coat skillet.
3. Add ramp stem and bulb, ginger and red-pepper flakes and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds.
4. Add ramp greens and stir until bright green, about 1 minute. Add lime juice and 2 tablespoons water.
5. Add shrimp and stir until almost entirely pink, 1 to 2 minutes, tossing continuously.
6. Scrape down any browned bits from skillet, about 1 minute.
7. Season with salt and serve over rice.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.