Serves: 3 to 4
1 tablespoon light vegetable oil
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons minced ginger
½ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
6 to 8 ramps, greens separated and shredded, stem and bulb minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Cooked rice, for serving
1. Heat a large skillet or wok over high until hot.
2. Add oil and swirl to coat skillet.
3. Add ramp stem and bulb, ginger and red-pepper flakes and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds.
4. Add ramp greens and stir until bright green, about 1 minute. Add lime juice and 2 tablespoons water.
5. Add shrimp and stir until almost entirely pink, 1 to 2 minutes, tossing continuously.
6. Scrape down any browned bits from skillet, about 1 minute.
7. Season with salt and serve over rice.