Recipe by Anna Gill
1 dozen eggs
12 ½” slices of ripe tomato (use smaller tomatoes, like plums)
½ to ¾ cup of heavy cream
¼ cup of chopped chervil, plus 12 sprigs for garnish*
½ cup crumbled bacon or ham
Freshly ground black pepper
12 cup non-stick muffin tin
1. Preheat the oven to 350◦.
2. Place 1 slice of tomato in the bottom of each muffin cup.
3. Sprinkle bacon on top of the tomato
4. Sprinkle bacon and tomato with chopped chervil.
5. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of heavy cream into each cup.
6. Top all with a grind of black pepper.
7. Crack one egg into each cup on top of all before and top with a drizzle of cream.
8. Place muffin tin in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes, until yolk is set.
9. Remove the tin from the oven and using large serving spoons, scoop 2 eggs onto each serving dish.
10 Garnish with sprig of chervil and serve.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.