Recipe by Anna Gill
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 large cloves garlic, pressed or minced
¼ cup chicken stock
¼ cup white wine
⅓ cup oyster sauce
5 cups snow peas, strings removed
3 cups snow pea tendrils
5 cups pea shoots
1. Heat oil in a wok or a large, heavy pan over high heat.
2. Add garlic and cook briefly while stirring to prevent burning. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk together stock, wine and oyster sauce in a bowl. Add mixture to the wok or pan.
4. Add peas and tendrils. Cook turning peas constantly, until bright green and crisp, about 2 minutes.
5. Divide among 8 bowls; top each with a handful of pea shoots
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.