½ pound mild sausage meat or ground pork
4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1½ cup coarsely grated Monterey Jack
1 small red onion, minced
½ cup corn kernels
1 cups small cilantro sprigs
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
¾ cup fresh tomato salsa
1. If you are using a conventional oven, preheat it to 350o.
2. In a medium skillet, cook the sausage meat or the ground pork over moderate heat, stirring to break it up, until no trace of pink remains, about 8 minutes. Remove the sausage from the skillet with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined bowl and let cool.
3. Set 4 tortillas on a large baking sheet (if using the oven) or a microwaveable platter. Spread with the sausage meat, cheese, red onion and 2 tablespoons of corn on ½ of the tortilla surface. Sprinkle the celery on top mixture and fold uncovered ½ of the tortilla over the topping.
4. If using an oven, place the baking sheet in the oven for approximately 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. If using a microwave, place the platter in the microwave and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
5. Add the fresh lime juice to the salsa and mix.
6. Place one quesadilla on each serving plate and spoon the salsa on top. Garnish with cilantro and serve.