Recipe by Kay Carroll
Yield: 8 cups (12 Servings)
• 1/2 pound sausage (this used mild Italian chicken sausage)
• 2 celery ribs, chopped
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 7 cups seasoned stuffing cubes*
• 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1 medium tart apple, chopped
• 1/3 cup chopped pecans
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted (reduced fat version works fine)
• Additional ground sage to taste
• Additional pepper to taste
*This recipe used homemade stuffing made with Wave Hill Bread.
1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients.
3. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated lightly with oil. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and apple is tender, stirring once.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.