2 cups tawny Port
½ cup (packed) plus 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
¼ teaspoon allspice
1½ pounds plums (5 to 6 small to medium), pitted and cut into eight pieces each
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 recipes of your favorite pastry (enough for 15-18 inch diameter rolled out)
Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Boil Port, ½ cup brown sugar, and allspice in large skillet until reduced to ⅔ cup of syrup, about 10 minutes.
3. Place plums in large bowl. Sprinkle flour over; toss to coat. Drizzle ⅓ cup syrup over plums; toss to coat. Reserve remaining syrup.
4. Unroll cold pie crust onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Spoon plums into center of crust, leaving 1½ -inch border; drizzle any remaining syrup from bowl over plums. Fold crust edges over plums. Brush crust with water; sprinkle crust and plums with remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
5. Bake tart until crust is golden and syrup is bubbling, about 45 minutes.
6. Cut warm or room-temperature tart into wedges. Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzling additional syrup over.