Makes about 2 cups
3 ears un-husked corn
1 tablespoon light olive oil
½ cup red bell pepper, charred and diced
2 medium jalepeño peppers, about 3 inches long each, seeded, deveined and diced
3 large ripe but firm tomatoes, diced
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Place the un-husked ears of corn on the oven rack and roast for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove and let come to room temperature.
4. Remove the husks, brush with the oil and broil or grill for about 5 minutes.
5. Scrape the kernels from the cob into a bowl. Don’t cut into the woody part of the ear.
6. Mix with the remaining ingredients and let the flavors meld for at least an hour.