Roasted Corn Salsa
Recipe by Anna Gill
Makes about 2 cups
3 ears un-husked corn
1 tablespoon light olive oil
½ cup red bell pepper, charred and diced
2 medium jalepeño peppers, about 3 inches long each, seeded, deveined and diced
3 large ripe but firm tomatoes, diced
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Place the un-husked ears of corn on the oven rack and roast for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove and let come to room temperature.
4. Remove the husks, brush with the oil and broil or grill for about 5 minutes.
5. Scrape the kernels from the cob into a bowl. Don’t cut into the woody part of the ear.
6. Mix with the remaining ingredients and let the flavors meld for at least an hour.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.