Makes 12 to 14 cups cubed pumpkin, or
1 ¾ to 2 cups mashed pumpkin
1 4 to 5 lb. pumpkin
Spray olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400◦.
2. Wash pumpkin and cut into quarters
3. Place a quarter of the pumpkin cut side down on a stable cutting board. Cut the pumpkin into 1 to 1½ inch crescent slices. Repeat with the remaining quarters.
4. Place the pumpkin slices on a non-stick or a foil lined baking sheet.
5. Spray the pumpkin slices with the oil. Sprinkle the slices with salt and pepper.
6. Turn the slices over and repeat the spraying and sprinkling.
7. Place the baking tray(s) in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes, until the flesh can be readily pierced with a toothpick.
8. Remove to a cooling dish until ready to use or serve.
VARIATIONS: If you are roasting the pumpkin as a side dish, you can add a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon before roasting. Or add a sprinkle of fresh shredded herbs such rosemary, sage or chives.