Recipe by Anna Gill
Makes 1 -9 inch pie
1 – unbaked, cold 9” pie pastry shell
2 large eggs,
4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1 to 1½ inch pieces
⅔ cups golden brown sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Beat the eggs in a small bowl with a fork lightly and set aside.
3. Add the rhubarb, sugar, lemon zest and salt to a large bowl and mix. Let the mixture set for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour the rhubarb mixture into the pie shell. Gently pour the eggs on top of the vegetable.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 400 and bake for another 5 minutes.
7. Gently place a crust protector or aluminum foil around the edges of the crust and continue to bake for another 25 minutes until it
is bubbling lightly and set in the middle.
8. Cool on a rack.
9. Serve with whipped cream.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.