Recipe by Anna Gill
Serves: 4 to 5
1 cup red quinoa
2 cups water
½ small zucchini, diced small
½ small yellow squash, diced small
3 to 4 stalks fennel, diced small
1 cup snow pea shoots
¼ cup good green olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Cook the quinoa in water according to the package directions. Set aside to cool.
2. In a small jar, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard. Shake hard and set aside.
3. Mix the diced vegetables with the cooled quinoa gently.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss again.
5. Dish the salad into serving bowls. Garnish with the shoots and serve.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.