Serves: 4 to 5
1 cup red quinoa
2 cups water
½ small zucchini, diced small
½ small yellow squash, diced small
3 to 4 stalks fennel, diced small
1 cup snow pea shoots
¼ cup good green olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Cook the quinoa in water according to the package directions. Set aside to cool.
2. In a small jar, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard. Shake hard and set aside.
3. Mix the diced vegetables with the cooled quinoa gently.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss again.
5. Dish the salad into serving bowls. Garnish with the shoots and serve.