Recipe by Anna Gill
Serves: 4 to 5
8 large eggs
½ cup skim milk
Salt & pepper to taste
½ cup chopped pork sausage, sautéed
2 medium tomatoes, diced
3 tablespoons melted butter
¼ cup ramp stalk & bulb, finely chopped
½ cup ramp greens, chopped
⅓ to ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese
1 -10 inch ceramic/glass quiche dish or pie plate
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spread the melted butter around the quiche dish or pie plate.
3. Add the tomatoes and the chopped ramp stalk and bulbs. Cook in the microwave on high for 3 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the sausage and set aside.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whip mixture with a whisk attachment in an electric mixer until well blended and a bit frothy.
6. Add the egg mixture to the quiche dish or pie plate.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully sprinkle cheese atop the half set mixture and return to the oven.*
8. Bake for another 15 to 25 minutes or until center is puffed up and set.
* If the cheese is put on too early it sinks to the bottom and stays there.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.