1½ cup quinoa (regular, red or black)
3 cups chicken broth or water
2 to 3 tablespoons of butter, divided
1 tablespoon lite neutral oil
4 to 5 medium leeks, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
1½ cup dried cranberries
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 small zucchini, diced
½ cup shredded parsley
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350◦.
2. Using 1 tablespoon of butter, grease a 8 X 8 inch glass or ceramic baking dish and set aside.
3. Bring the chicken broth or water to a boil in a 2 quart pot.
4. Cook the quinoa, according to the packaging instructions in the broth or water until most of the liquid is absorbed.
5. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan. Add the leeks and sauté until just translucent.
6. Add the cranberries, zucchini, pumpkin seeds and the salt and pepper.
7. Add the leek and cranberry mixture to the cooked quinoa and mix gently.
8. Spoon the quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Place the dish in the preheated oven and baking for about 15minutes.
ADVANCED PREPARATION: Stuffing can be prepared up to two days in advance and gently reheated twenty minutes before serving.