Crust of Manchet-Bread
1/2 pint Fresh Cream or New Milk
1/2 lb Butter
6 Eggs (take out 3 whites)
1/2 lb Sugar
Pinch beaten Spice
- Pare off some of the Crust of Manchet-Bread, and grate of half as much of the rest as there is of the Root, which must also be grated
- Then take half a Pint of fresh Cream or New Milk, half a Pound of fresh Butter, six new laid Eggs (taking out three of the Whites) mash and mingle them well with the Cream and Butter
- Then put in the grated Bread and Carrot, with near half a Pound of Sugar; and a little Salt; some grated Nutmeg and beaten Spice.
- Pour all into a convenient Dish or Pan, butter'd, to keep the Ingredients from sticking and burning.
- Set it in a quick Oven for about an Hour, and so have you a Composition for any Root-Pudding.