Recipe by Originally published as Maine Potato Candy in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p65
Yield: 2 pounds Servings: 36
4 cups confectioners' sugar
4 cups flaked coconut
3/4 cup cold mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
2. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; butter the foil.
3. Spread coconut mixture into pan. Cover and chill overnight. Cut into 2-in. x 1-in. rectangles. Cover and freeze.
4. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth.
5. Dip bars in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set. Store in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.