• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 10 ounces turkey Italian sausage, halved and sliced or crumbled
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 cup chopped carrot
• 2 tablespoons miinced garlic
• 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth or stock
• 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, or fresh equivalent
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram or thyme
• 1 pound boiling potatoes, cubed
• 1 pound , stems removed and chopped
• 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed (or dried and cooked equivalent)
• Salt and –pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate.
2. Add onion and carrot to the pot; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more.
4. Add broth (or stock), tomatoes with their juice and marjoram (or thyme). Cover and bring to a boil.
5. Add potatoes, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in the reserved sausage, kale and beans. Return to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until the potatoes are tender, 4 to 5 minutes more.
7. Season with salt and pepper and serve.