Preparation time: 30 minutes
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
2½ teaspoon cinnamon
2½ teaspoon cardamom
30 grinds fresh black pepper (about 1 tablespoon)
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 ripe pears, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
2- 1 pound pork tenderloins
1. Combine salt, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper and oil in a sealable plastic bag, seal and mix well.
2. Place tenderloin in bag and manipulate until well covered with marinade. Marinate at least 3 hours or up to 12, in the refrigerator.
3. Place rack on second level from the bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 500o.
4. Bring tenderloins to room temperature. Place in a baking disk. Roast in oven for 10 minutes. Turn the tenderloin over and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
5. While the pork is roasting, puree pears in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
6. Remove tenderloins to a platter. Slice into ½ inch slices. Top or surround with Pear Sauce and serve.
NOTE: This is works well with wild or “forbidden” rice