Recipe by Anna Gill
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves plus 8 to 10 sprigs
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup cold water
One 11.5 ounce cans peach nectar
1 bottle chilled dry white wine, Sauvignon Blanc works well
2 large peaches, peeled and diced
1. Put basil leaves, sugar, and lemon juice into a small saucepan and bruise leaves by mashing with a wooden spoon.
2. Add nectar and water, bring just to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes, then pour through a medium-mesh sieve into a heatproof pitcher, discarding basil leaves. Cool completely.
4. Stir in wine, peach, and basil sprigs.
5. Chill, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 24.
6. Serve over ice.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.