Recipe by Alicia Ghio the "Natural Princess"
4 cups tomatoes, chopped
2 cups peaches, chopped
3 tablespoons red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper (to taste)
1/4 to 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup crushed ice (optional)
1. In a medium bowl toss together:tomatoes, peaches, red onion, red wine vinegar, fresh basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large blender add: tomatoes, peaches, red onion, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, the remaining chopped basil, salt and pepper. If serving immediately add a cup ice, otherwise omit the ice. Blend until smooth.
3. Place a mesh sieve over a large bowl and force the blended mixture through the sieve. Stir in water to desired consistency.
4. Chill the soup until ready to serve.
5. Serve the gazpacho in bowls topped with a spoonful of the reserved peach and tomato salsa.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.