1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
⅓ cup fresh mint, shredded, plus 6 or 8 small whole leaves
4 slices bacon
2 cups pea shoots
3 cups mixed baby mesclun
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Place lemon juice in a small heavy bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
2. Add shredded mint to vinaigrette. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
3. Cook bacon until crisp in the microwave and drain on paper towels. Crumble and hold on the side.
4. Strain vinaigrette through a fine sieve into a small, clean bowl, pressing on mint to extract liquid.
5. Gently toss pea shoots, mesclun, and remaining whole mint leaves together in a bowl. Arrange on serving plates and drizzle vinaigrette over greens.
6. Distribute the crumbled bacon among the servings, season with salt and pepper, and serve.