Recipe by Anna Gill
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
⅓ cup fresh mint, shredded, plus 6 or 8 small whole leaves
4 slices bacon
2 cups pea shoots
3 cups mixed baby mesclun
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Place lemon juice in a small heavy bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
2. Add shredded mint to vinaigrette. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
3. Cook bacon until crisp in the microwave and drain on paper towels. Crumble and hold on the side.
4. Strain vinaigrette through a fine sieve into a small, clean bowl, pressing on mint to extract liquid.
5. Gently toss pea shoots, mesclun, and remaining whole mint leaves together in a bowl. Arrange on serving plates and drizzle vinaigrette over greens.
6. Distribute the crumbled bacon among the servings, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.