Makes one 9 inch cake
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup white sugar
¼ cup whole milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large peaches, each cut into eight wedges
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons room temperature butter, plus enough to grease the pan
1. Preheat oven to 400◦.
2. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan and set aside.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, milk, oil, and egg.
5. Whisk the sugar mixture into the flour mixture.
6.Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Arrange the peach sections in a pinwheel on top of the batter.
7. Combine cinnamon and the brown sugar, and sprinkle over peaches and dot with butter. Bake until the top is a dark golden and the peaches are soft, approximately 30 minutes. Let cool.
8. Serve alone or with ice cream.