Cooking oil spray
2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking (not instant) rolled oats
⅔ cup rye flakes or wheat flakes
⅓ cup coarsely chopped almonds or raw pistachios
⅓ cup dried cranberries
½ cup sultanas or raisins
2 tablespoons flaked coconut
2 tablespoons honey
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup chopped flaxseeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread oats and rye or wheat flakes on the baking sheet in a
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir in the nuts and coconut then bake until the oats are fragrant, about 8 minutes.
4. Turn off the oven. Stir sultanas (or raisins) and the cranberries into the muesli.
5. Microwave honey for 10 seconds in a glass prep bowl. Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
6. Drizzle the honey mixture over the muesli and stir to coat.
7. Return the muesli to the turned-off warm oven and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
8. Toss with the flaxseeds and serve.