Recipe by Anna Gill
Cooking oil spray
2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking (not instant) rolled oats
⅔ cup rye flakes or wheat flakes
⅓ cup coarsely chopped almonds or raw pistachios
⅓ cup dried cranberries
½ cup sultanas or raisins
2 tablespoons flaked coconut
2 tablespoons honey
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup chopped flaxseeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread oats and rye or wheat flakes on the baking sheet in a
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir in the nuts and coconut then bake until the oats are fragrant, about 8 minutes.
4. Turn off the oven. Stir sultanas (or raisins) and the cranberries into the muesli.
5. Microwave honey for 10 seconds in a glass prep bowl. Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
6. Drizzle the honey mixture over the muesli and stir to coat.
7. Return the muesli to the turned-off warm oven and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
8. Toss with the flaxseeds and serve.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.