6 large eggs
1 tablespoon softened butter
¼ to ⅓ cup milk
1 tablespoon minced chives
Salt and fresh pepper
1 teaspoon parsley leaves, shredded
1 small zucchini, diced small (not more that ¼ cup in total)
2 tablespoons Gruyere or Swiss cheese, grated
1 tomato, sliced into 6 wedges
Micro sprouts and pea shoots
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- If you are not using a non-stick muffin tin or cupcake liners, grease the muffin tin with the softened butter.
- Crack eggs into a medium to large mixing bowl.
- Add milk and beat with a whisk or egg beater.
- Add salt, fresh pepper, chives, and parsley to the eggs and mix again.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared muffin tin cups.
- Distribute the zucchini into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the top of the zucchini. Don’t blend it into the egg.
- Top each cup with a tomato wedge and place in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- When each cup has puffed up and set, remove the tin from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Place the frittatas on a serving plate and garnish with sprouts and shoots, then serve.
Tips: a rubber spatula is the best tool to remove the frittatas from the muffin tin.
Variations: These are endless, but try crumbled bacon, shallots, basil, different cheeses, pretty much anything you can think of, but be sure it is cut or crumbled small enough not to weight the egg mixture down.