1 cup quinoa, uncooked
2 cups vegetable stock (or any kind of stock you have on hand)
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup zucchini, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
1/4 cup basil, chopped
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Rinse quinoa. Pour stock and quinoa into a medium pot. Over medium-high heat bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook 15-20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
2. Pour the cooked quinoa into a bowl and set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl combine: chopped garlic cloves, chopped zucchini, quartered cherry tomatoes, sliced scallions and chopped basil.
4. Stir in the cooled quinoa to the vegetables.
5. Pour on the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.