Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Recipe by Alicia Ghio the "Natural Princess"
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
2 cups vegetable stock (or any kind of stock you have on hand)
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup zucchini, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
1/4 cup basil, chopped
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Rinse quinoa. Pour stock and quinoa into a medium pot. Over medium-high heat bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook 15-20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
2. Pour the cooked quinoa into a bowl and set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl combine: chopped garlic cloves, chopped zucchini, quartered cherry tomatoes, sliced scallions and chopped basil.
4. Stir in the cooled quinoa to the vegetables.
5. Pour on the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.