Recipe by Anna Gill
2 lbs. whole marble potatoes, washed
1 lb. shitake mushrooms, wiped and cut into 2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 sliced thick bacon, cooked crisp and diced
½ cup minced parsley
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss potatoes, mushrooms, oil, butter and garlic. Let sit for an hour.
3. Place potato and mushroom mixture in a ceramic baking dish.
4. Roast in oven for approximately 30 minutes, turning once.
5. Remove baking dish from the oven. Season lightly with the salt and pepper
6. Sprinkle with the parsley and bacon bits, toss gently and serve in the baking dish.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.