Apple Soup Hungarian Style
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add apple, potato, onion and celery; cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in salt, sage, paprika and pepper; cook for 30 seconds.
3. Pour in broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover, and gently simmer until the potato is tender when pierced with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a large blender or food processor add sour cream (if using) and process until smooth.
5. Garnish with celery leaves, if desired.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.