Serves: 6 as an appetizer or 3 for lunch
1½ cups diced honeydew
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons diced red onion
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 cup (4 ounces) goat cheese
¼ cup red bell pepper, seeded and minced
1 teaspoon jalapeno, seeded and minced
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Cover and chill.
2. Combine the goat cheese, chopped bell peppers and jalapeno in a bowl, and stir well. Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture over each tortilla, and fold in half.
3. Place two quesadillas on a plate and microwave at full power for 1½ to 2 minutes each (until cheese has melted).
4. Place on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 200o oven. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas.
5. Cut each quesadilla in half crosswise. Arrange 2 quesadilla halves and ¼ cup honeydew mixture on each of 6 plates. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
6. Serve immediately.