Honey Lime Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Recipe by Anna Gill
4 medium sweet potatoes (3 pounds), peeled and sliced 1 ½ inch thick
½ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
⅓ cup honey
⅓ cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. In a large saucepan, cover the sweet potato slices with water and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to moderate and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well. Return the potatoes to the saucepan and mash them to a chunky pulp.
4. Place the potatoes in a processor with the salt, pepper and butter. Pulse several times until the potatoes are smooth. Or mash them until they are smooth.
5. Return the potatoes to the saucepan over low heat. Add the lime juice, honey and water. Stir/beat with a whisk until all is well combined and hot. Serve when ready.
Leave a Reply.
We post a new recipe (or two!) each week, and you can click on an item below to see all past recipes that feature that ingredient.
For more recipes from CT farmers' markets click here.
The NY Times also has a Recipe Generator to help you come up with great meals to make based on what you get at the market each week.